HLF State of UK Parks 2014
Accompanied by a detailed research report and data sets, this is a study of the current state and future trends in the condition of the UK’s public parks. The research shows that maintenance budgets are being reduced, capital will be less available for improvements, facilities are becoming more costly to use and some parks may simply be sold or transferred to the care of others. However park usage is increasing and communities are also taking on a greater role. The study ends with a call to action and five key challenges for the future.
- renewed local authority commitment;
- establishing new partnerships;
- getting communities more involved;
- collecting and sharing data; and
- developing new finance models and rethinking delivery.
Read the full State of UK Parks report and survey data