The WMPF has just submitted evidence to the DCLG Select Commitee Inquiry into the Future of Public Parks. Along with evidence from the State of West Midlands Parks report, the submission addresses some key issues including:
- Who uses parks and open spaces, how often and for what purpose.
- The contribution of parks to the health and well being of communities.
- The impact of reductions in local authority budgets on parks.
- What the administrative status of parks should be in light of declining local authority resources for non-statutory services.
- How new and existing parks can best be supported and what additional or alternative funding is available and what scope there is for local authorities to generate revenue from park users.
- What advantages and disadvantages there are of other management models, such as privatisation, outsourcing or mutualisation.
Click here to view or download the document.